Open source license for YourKit profiler

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 09:47:00 EDT

    Attention Cayenne committers -

    Some background - I am currently looking for a decent profiler, so I
    evaluated a few out there. I found YourKit (http://www.yourkit.com/)
    to be a the best so far. Open source profilers are severely lacking
    in functionality and UI, and OptimizeIt and JProbe corresponding
    owners do everything to make sure these tools stay out of reach of a
    regular developer.

    YourKit is really nice, it fully integrates with Eclipse, has pretty
    and functional UI and yes - it works on Mac :-)

    Anyways, I requested free open source license from YourKit guys, and
    they confirmed that they are ready to give it to Cayenne committers.
    They just asked me to provide the names of those who are interested.
    So if you are a committer on the project and want to get a license
    from YourKit, please drop a note to me directly or to cayenne-devel.

    Andrus