RE: Open source license for YourKit profiler

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 09:15:19 EDT

    Yeah ...

    I've upgraded to Tiger (many months ago). I have mixed feelings about
    it. Some things are faster, but there is a bug in the window server
    that didn't exist in Panther (I've filed a bug report). This is most
    likely due to them totally revamping the server to do more work in the
    GPU. The worst part is when it crashes/locks up. Seems especially (or
    totally) related to people who run single-dual headed (I switch between
    both). That and Spotlight and Dashboard have both left me unimpressed
    (too slow/resource intensive and not enough controls to turn them
    off/etc -- Apple assumes you really really want them, just like the
    stinky Finder).

    If you are happy on Panther, stay with it for now and be happy. :-)

    /dev/mrg (hoping 10.4.3 will solve all my problems ... Ha!)