Re: Multi tier name ideas?

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 11:44:22 EST

    > I've been looking for a better name to describe the multi-tier
    > technology that is being developed now. I am not entirely satisfied
    > with either of the names that were used in the course of the development:
    >
    > * This is where "Multi-tier" came from. I think it is still confusing
    > though - it is not clear to an uninitiated person what those tiers are,
    > and will require a lengthy explanation ... over and over again.
    IMHO Multi-tier is just good.
    If there's a wiki/documentation page that can be referenced, than that should be enough.

    > Should we just call it OPP ("Object Persistence Protocol") after the
    > namesake Java package that defines communication interfaces to build
    > the hierarchy of ObjectContexts? It is not as catchy, but at least it
    > doesn't create wrong associations.
    I think OPP it's just too abstract, and it might not create wrong associations, but
    it doesn't create any good one either :). Besides sounds to complicated too : Protocol :) .

    Ahmed.