XML Status

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 14:03:29 EST

    Hi,

    I am considering using the XML support in 1.2 to directly pipe certain
    object collections directly out to the browser for reading by an Ajax
    library, so that I can quickly populate dropdown lists.

    I haven't spent much time investigating the XML support yet, so this
    may be a trivial question, but is it suitable for this? In other
    words, is the XML generated roughly comparable to the objects, so that
    an XPath query would be the same as an OGNL-style query? Or do all
    objects get described using the same "schema" (i.e. field names and
    field values are both defined as values)

    Thanks!

    Cris