Re: Prefetching Feedback

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 17:19:09 EST

    I had to change some of the prefetching logic to fix remaining bugs.
    Namely SelectQuery now always uses disjoint prefetches. In cases like
    flattened relationships it simply adds columns from the parent object
    to the result set to figure out how to attach prefetched object to
    the parent.

    Unfortunately I wasn't able to come up with a simple consistent
    processing model that handles all possible cases, so the code is
    pretty messy, with lots of if/else going on during prefetch tree
    traversal. Our current test suite contains lots of regression cases,
    still there is a chance that it doesn't cover some weird condition.

    As I'll be gone for the weekend, I am planning to make M8 release
    sometime late Wednesday night EST to get it out in the wild and get
    some real feedback. If anyone has opportunity to do some basic
    regression testing in real applications, please try out current CVS
    code (or tomorrow's nightly build). I'd really appreciate that.

    Andrus