Re: Cayenne performance testing

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 09:44:10 EST

    > I kind of disagree about the web application testing part. I think if
    > we are going to profile code, it should be Cayenne code. Let the
    > Tapestry/Struts/JSP/JSF/Tomcat/Jetty/Resin/WebSphere/JBoss/etc guys
    > worry about profiling their code.
    As Andrus said, it's not about the raw performance, but about the "Diff" from
    one version to the other of Cayenne. In this case, since the webapplication on
    top of Cayenne remains the same, the diff would represent the pure cayenne numbers.

    Considering how simple is to do this with JMeter, IMHO it represents the smallest
    possible effort with the greatest results. Not to mention about the nice diagrams
    and statistics JMeter offers, all this for free, with the lease possible work.

    just my 2 cents,

    Ahmed.