Re: New Doc space

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 21:30:33 EST

    I finished everything but the ant tasks. I couldn't take anymore for one day :)

    The tables are a bitch, but everything else went pretty smooth. Only
    took a few hours. We temporarily lost the link to the javadocs... I
    think a flexible approach like a custom macro is worth doing here, so
    that we don't have to manually fix a bajillion links every release.

    I resisted the temptation to clean up any mistakes I found (except the
    occasional mispelling) so that we can have a clean basis for
    comparison when we do make changes, via page history.

    I noticed a lot of inconsistencies (when we used monospaced vs italics
    vs bold vs vs vs), probably because of all the hands that have been in
    the docs. Now that we have it in an open format, that inconsistency
    will probably only grow. I think it might be worthwhile to adopt some
    standards for the documentation going forward... nothing fancy. Maybe
    something along the lines of the "Conventions" section found at the
    beginning of most tech books.

    Cris