Re: cayenne-jpa - volunteer help?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 17:49:52 EST

    SPI == service provider implementation (or something like that)

    J2EE uses it extensively. In fact current package structure somewhat
    mirrors the spec itself that consists of two packages -
    javax.persistence and javax.persistence.spi. On Cayenne end we
    implement interfaces from those two packages. So I thought that
    mirroring spec package structure in our implementation would make sense.

    This is not to say that we must use "SPI" (anything else that makes
    sense is fine too), but I just wanted to point out that cayenne-jpa
    project *is* the SPI.

    Andrus