Re: Cayenne Spring Integration

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 17:49:34 EST

    On 2/22/06, Cris Daniluk <cris.danilu..mail.com> wrote:
    > Malcom and Mike both made comments based on their experience with
    > other MVCs. Is there any value (or need) when using Spring MVC?

    It's worth pointing out that JSF managed beans does most of what Spring does.
    I still plan to keep using Spring Beans in my JSF project to provide
    the missing InitializingBean and DestroyingBean(sp?) functionality
    when needed, but my current opinion is that there's little point in
    having Spring involved between Cayenne and JSF, and that allows me to
    dump spring-jdbc, spring-dao, spring-web, and probably a couple
    others.

    I'm also using a "DataStore" interface between each DataMap and my
    application code. I guess this would be the equivalent of a DAO.
    Between using this and using cayenne-model-generated interfaces for my
    DataObjects, I don't think there's any actual reference to
    Cayenne-specifics in my code now. Just calls to
    *DataStore.create*(), *DataStore.update(), *DataStore.delete*(), and
    *DataStore.find*() methods, most of which are also cgen-created. All
    I do is write new find*() methods.