Re: [proposal] - maven 2 based build?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 12:27:17 EST

    Hmm... Our end users get Cayenne from the download site, so I do not
    worry too much that it is hard for them to compile Cayenne. Besides
    it is not hard:

    1. check out the root of all subprojects and
    2. type "ant"

    And if m2 switch makes life miserable for developers for at least a
    few months, it looks like too high of a price to pay. Also we are
    exporting POMs to ibiblio already, so other m2 projects that rely on
    Cayenne can use it.

    I guess I am leaning to Kevin's opinion of not fixing things that
    ain't broken. We can still try m2 as a parallel build system for jpa,
    just to get a feel of it, but like I said, I am more and more
    discouraged regarding the overall move.

    Andrus