Re: [proposal] - maven 2 based build?

From: Bill Dudney (bdudne..pache.org)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 16:50:54 EST

    Hi All,

    On Feb 23, 2006, at 10:27 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Hmm... Our end users get Cayenne from the download site, so I do
    > not worry too much that it is hard for them to compile Cayenne.
    > Besides it is not hard:
    >
    > 1. check out the root of all subprojects and

    Ah yes but this step takes a long time cause all the .jar's are in
    the repo. If i'm already a maven2 user then all the .jars are proably
    already in my local m2 repo.

    > 2. type "ant"
    >
    > And if m2 switch makes life miserable for developers for at least a
    > few months, it looks like too high of a price to pay. Also we are
    > exporting POMs to ibiblio already, so other m2 projects that rely
    > on Cayenne can use it.

    Its not months but it is days/few weeks. Given the imminent release
    of 1.2 I think this is a bad time to try the whole switch over. But
    when 1.2 is out the door might be a good time to try it.

    Also the ibiblio push is probably an m1 repo (cause m2 is a pain in
    the neck to do manually). So while it works its slower for the m2
    user to get a jar from an m1 repo.