maven bits...

From: Bill Dudney (bdudne..pache.org)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 16:22:55 EST

    Hi All,

    Ok to get started,

    Download Maven 2.0.2 (2.0.3 will be out very soon so you will want to
    upgrade when that happens)

    http://maven.apache.org/download.html

    Install Cayenne into your local m2 repository;

    1) download cayenne 1.2M11 if you don't have it already downloaded
    2) cd to the 1.2M111/lib directory then
    3) $ mvn install:install-file -DartifactId=cayenne-core -
    Dfile=cayenne.jar -DgroupId=org.apache.cayenne -Dpackaging=jar -
    Dversion=1.2M11

    this will put the cayenne jar into your local m2 repository.

    Put pom.xml into your cayenne-jpa directory;

    Then you can run
    $ mvn package
    to get the cayenne package built (the jar file)

    you can get the site by

    $ mvn site javadoc:javadoc

    then open target/site/index.html
    try out
    target/javadoc/index.html
    too

    I've attached a ziped version of a site I built. There are some
    busted links and the docs are far from complete I just put a skeleton
    together. To build it your self you need to put site_src.zip into the
    cayenne-jpa/src directory unzip it and rerun mvn site.

    There is a lot of work to make this work the way I'd want it to but
    this gives you a flavor of what you can do with maven.

     From the cayenne-jpa directory running

    $ mvn deploy

    yield a m2 repository in ${java.io.tmpdir}/cayenne-mvn-snapshot-repo.

    You can easily do a maven 1 deployment too with a different plugin.

    Anyway, this is my first crack at the m2 build stuff. Take a look and
    let me know what you think.

    Again this is really not what you should do for cayenne proper for
    the time being.

    TTFN,

    Bill Dudney
    MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org