Re: Cayenne JPA + Maven

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 05:31:30 EST

    I am with you - I also want to be impolite about that :-)

    I see a great idea and poor implementation. This seems like bait and
    switch - it has all these nifty things supposedly out of the box
    (war, jar, test - all with dependencies figured out), and then you
    get screwed in many big and small details.

    Still I think the idea has a future (whether it will be called
    "maven" or something else, that is done with "kiss" in mind). Right
    now the question is whether we want to be guinea pigs for it.

    I am still for keeping cayenne-jpa on Maven since this is the way to
    learn things and also to test Ant-based POMs that we generate for the
    core Cayenne (intended to integrate with everything that's moving :-))

    Andrus