Re: Name change?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2007 - 10:12:18 EDT

    On Aug 5, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > I was playing with NetBeans 6.0 -- wanted to try out the changes in
    > the GUI builder -- and made a simple little GUI application that used
    > Cayenne 3.0 to hit the database. It seemed strange to me that I had
    > to include cayenne-server-3.0M1.jar into a client. Seems like it
    > would be good to change the name to cayenne-core or cayenne-base or
    > something.

    cayenne-server.jar is not just core, it is everything including JPA,
    ROP server stuff, etc. so maybe cayenne-all.jar?

    > Of course, then you'd probably want to change the name of
    > the client jar, too (cayenne-rop?).

    Server-side jar also contains ROP classes. It is a server minus a
    bunch of stuff. I personally have no problem with "client" in the
    name, but if somebody can think of a name that better reflects what
    it is...?

    Andrus