Re: Confluence Site Generation

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 10:33:58 EDT

    > BTW, could you confirm that the javadocs are actually generated
    > nightly? I noticed a few classes that were switched to non-public
    > and/or moved around some time ago, and the docs are showing the old
    > versions. E.g.:
    >
    > * org.apache.cayenne.query.EJBQLFromTranslator is moved to
    > access.jdbc and is made non-public
    > * org.apache.cayenne.query.SQLTemplateMetadata is no longer public.
    >
    > Andrus

    I've spent some time now poking around this issue and it doesn't make
    too much sense. Turns out that maven, instead of using the source
    tree which it is run from, will go and use a stale sources .jar which
    it finds somewhere else:

    [amaniati..inotaur ~/svn/cayenne/docs/doc]$ mvn javadoc:javadoc
    [INFO] Expanding: /home/amaniatis/.m2/repository/org/apache/cayenne/
    cayenne-server/3.0-SNAPSHOT/cayenne-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
    into /x1/home/amaniatis/svn/cayenne/docs/doc/target/sources

    How nuts is that. How do I either get it to build the javadoc from
    sources which are right in the same directory, or force the source
    jar to be rebuilt? Without having to build the entire thing of course...

    Ari

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8