Audit

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 02:12:14 EST

    BTW, would be nice to have a summary of various audit requirements
    (also see a thread that started last night on the user list). There's
    SQL-level audit, object-level audit, anything else?

    For object-level audit, the simplest thing is to track DataChannel
    graph events. Unlike lifecycle events that we borrowed from JPA, those
    actually contain all object deltas (this is why I sometimes call
    Cayenne "the git of ORM").

    (Now there's too many events / interceptors / delegates accumulated in
    the framework over the years... almost feel like going tapestry5 by
    dumping all backwards compatibility at some point and designing
    something consistent end to end :-/ )

    Andrus