Re: JPA crossroads

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 06:04:09 EDT

    JPA 2.0 spec is out now, so there is some evolution in the JPA space.
    And if we are to stay in this race we will definitely have to follow
    the spec development.

    As for Cayenne JPA provider (which was targeting JSR-220, aka JPA
    1.0), we are deceptively close to the finish. "Close" cause all major
    parts are there, all bridged to Cayenne main runtime core. From 10000
    ft view we are covering all parts of the spec. "Deceptively" cause
    there's a lot of small and midsize things needed here and there to
    make it fully usable and pass the TCK. Getting there will still
    require significant and dedicated effort.

    Andrus