Re: JPA crossroads

From: Joseph Schmidt (joseph_schmidt7..ahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 07:52:49 EDT

    > Since we are not shipping JPA with
    > 3.0, and further future of this line of development is
    > undefined, we need to make some decisions now. I suggest
    > doing what we did for DataViews - a separate location in
    > SVN, and a separate wiki space. If this effort is revived
    > (of which I have very strong doubts), we'll get it back to
    > the main subtree.
    >
    > Comments?
    As a new Cayenne user, I can say that only the cayenne modeler was the deciding factor to give it a try.

    So from my point of view, everything that helps you stay focused on cayenne modeler is a good strategy :).

    The JPA however, doesn't seem to have any support in cayenne modeler,
    so I wouldn't use it even if it would pass the TCK.
    Instead I would use something that has very advanced tool support (with diagram support) to bring me even more productivity, like e.g.:
    http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/java_hibernate.html
    (see some screen shots there)

    thanks,
    Joseph.