Re: JPA crossroads

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 03:41:45 EDT

    While generally I have no objections to doing it one step at a time,
    let's look at the practical side of it. At the minimum we'll need to
    exclude cayenne-jpa-unpublished from cayenne-server aggregated
    artifact. This is easy and non-invasive. But... we'll also need to
    remove the JPA docs from the release bundle, and make a clear
    statement on the site about the JPA status ("not a part of Cayenne").
    As a result it doesn't look like any marketing benefit will be
    preserved, so is it worth the trouble of going half way with it?

    Andrus