Re: JPA crossroads

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 15:22:37 EDT

    I've never used JPA as it is, so I don't have any objections for excluding
    it. But I really feel that Cayenne should rise another strict "plan for
    3.0". It's much simplier to tell users that Cayenne's going to grow and
    improve when you have one.
    About Cayenne and Web 2.0.. This is a theme I would like to discuss.
    Currently I'm using Cayenne and GWT (not Cayenne *with* GWT) and JSON for
    transporting data between client and server. I, however, dream of something
    ROP-like in GWT. There are two major disparities - the lack of synchronious
    requests and the lack of Reflection, which make it a far target. I'm
    planning to do some research in this someday.