Re: Non-physical delete... again

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 09:38:57 EDT

    On Jun 2, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

    > But I'm no fan of adding some sort of 'soft' checkbox for dbattributes

    I was suggesting marking entity with a "soft delete" checkbox (not
    individual attribute - this would make no sense), and creating a
    criteria based on qualifier that references an attribute.

    > Modeler support will be covered by setting class name of strategy

    I am afraid this approach will be rather arbitrary to the end user, so
    I suggest we discuss it some more before putting it in Cayenne.
    Marking an entity to use "soft delete" based on some criteria is a
    clear and understandable feature. Setting a "delete strategy" is not,
    and will contribute to confusion. This is totally be ok as a backend
    extension point, but I will hate to see that as a general use feature.

    Andrus