Re: tests against other databases

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 07:19:37 EST

    On 10/11/09 11:11 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > On Nov 10, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
    >
    >> On 10/11/09 10:52 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >>> connection.properties entry is the minimal requirement
    >>
    >> Can we avoid that file somehow so that it can run within Hudson since
    >> HSQLDB doesn't need it.
    >
    > For in-memory db's we can probably get rid of it, but not for other
    > DB's. So can you just create this file on the Hudson machine?

    I could ask the Hudson admin guys, but I don't think I've got access to the hudson user's home directory. Alternatively we could set up our Cayenne zone as a Hudson slave and run everything there... that will work too, but is a bit of work to set up.

    We may need to do that anyway since infra aren't all that keen on installing a centralised db cluster.

    * Is it trivial to remove the need for the file for derby/h2? If so we can get those running now. The others still need co-operation from infra.

    * What would the file look like for those derby and h2 which are executed completely within maven? What user and pass? Is the URL pointing to localhost?

    Ari

    --------------------------> Aristedes Maniatis GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A