Re: [suggestion] unmodifiable toMany lists

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 10 2009 - 07:56:35 EST

    Hi Lachlan,

    I think I proposed this once before a few years back. The issue as I
    recall was that there are enough people out there relying on the list
    modification behavior that changing the default would be a
    non-starter. I don't necessarily mind supporting a second set of
    generator templates, however.

    --
    Kevin

    On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:49 AM, Lachlan Deck <lachlan.dec..mail.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > given some stuff we've seen in our own code (and general better practices > for dealing with collections in general) I thought I'd suggest the following > changes for the default cayenne entity templates: > - private ivars rather than protected (if they're not already) > > - return Collections.unmodifiableList(foo) rather than returning the actual > list that's modified via addTo/removeFrom etc. > > Thoughts? Philosophies? > > with regards, > -- > > Lachlan Deck > > > >