Re: Plans for the future (aka 3.1 roadmap)

From: Malcolm Edgar (malcolm.edga..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 17:39:30 EST

    Hi All,

    My 2 cents worth.

    I would love to see Cayenne add support for indexes and constraints,
    as it manages our physical database model.

    I would also like to see a diagramming tool for creating models. I
    think this would be a killer feature, but I know this is a pretty
    heavy investment and we need to find a good diagramming library and
    resolve licensing issues.

    I can't see the big payoff for developing a Eclipse plugin, its a lot
    of work. However I do know the modeller code base needs an overhaul.

    +1 for the Cayenne IoC container, will help configuring the system.

    Support for Java UUID primary key generation would be a nice feature as well

    regards Malcolm Edgar