Re: Plans for the future (aka 3.1 roadmap)

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 06:12:07 EST

  • Next message: Andrey Razumovsky: "Re: svn commit: r882084 - in /cayenne/main/trunk/framework: cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conf/ cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/test/java/org/apache/cayenne/conf/ cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/test/java/org/apache/cayenn"

    2009/11/19 Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org>

    > Also Cayenne's own object access since 3.0 is fully based on pluggable
    > ClassDescriptors, so declaring read/writeProperty on the object is not
    > needed for Cayenne, and technically only the generic objects need such
    > user-facing methods.

    For that, I'll disagree. I've used DataObject.read/writeProperty a lot in my
    code for unified processing of DataObjects (non-generic) and prefer those
    method stay in interface (moreover, appear in client-side objects). Vice
    versa, read/writeProperty methods should through ClassDescriptors