Re: Plans for the future (aka 3.1 roadmap)

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 09:58:06 EST

    On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Michael Gentry <mgentr..asslight.net> wrote:
    > On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    >> No question, this can be useful. Where this gets in the way is with our
    >> elusive goal of providing persistence for POJOs without a framework-mandated
    >> superclass.
    >
    > Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I actually like inheriting behavior.
    >  I also like being able to step through the code to see what it does.

    You're not alone. I found the whole POJO movement set me back a bit.
    Debugging dynamically enhanced classes is a major PITA. Having said
    that, issues related to multiple inheritance are also annoying. It
    could be a lot easier to introduce persistence into an existing
    codebase if you don't have to change the class hierarchy.

    --
    Kevin