Re: Nested ROP contexts and relationships

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 07:09:53 EST

    2009/11/24 Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org>

    > So here is a high-level question - do you think we can use
    > ClassDescriptor/Property abstraction *internally* to build a unified
    > ObjectContext implementation for any kind of objects? This was the goal of
    > the reflect package anyways.

    I think yes. In future :) Because currently, say, DataObject defines some
    processing that cannot be avaliable in other types due to "skin" nature of
    other objects. Other types (e.g. ROP) don't use these processings, so there
    were created quite a lot of classes for different handling of objects. I see
    that code to be moved to utility class..

    The major high-level question is - should be process *graphs* of all types
    of objects somewhat identically. I think yes. I think that ThreadLocals,
    ProperyChangeProcessingStrategies and many other things were created due to
    lack of methods of "core" processing of graphs and objects.
    If this is correct in essence, we unify different contexts. All other is a
    matter of refactoring.

    Maybe we're just talking about different things - let me just do a minor
    step in my direction and upload what I have so that we could talk around the
    code.