Re: cayenne get accessors

From: Cypher her (cypher6..otmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 11:29:09 EDT

    Thank all you very much for your help. I guess I am still in a WO frame of
    mind and just need to get over it. Thanks again.

    From: "Mike Kienenberger" <mkienen..mail.com>
    To: cayenne-use..ncubator.apache.org
    Subject: Re: cayenne get accessors
    Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:07:42 -0400

    On 4/4/06, Cyp her <cypher6..otmail.com> wrote:
    > Does Cayenne force you to have *get* before your property name to create
    > your get accessor e.g. getName().

    No, you don't even have to generate subclasses if you don't want to.
    It's just a convenience class.

    http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/Generic+Persistent+Class

    However, some of the "extras" like in-memory filterObjects won't work
    if your DataObjects aren't in JavaBean form. This is one of those
    defacto standards that you probably want to follow, because you'll
    eventually need a feature of some java library that requires it.