Re: Seeking to automate generation the cayenne schema

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2006 - 07:13:03 EDT

    Craig,

    Here is a few ideas.

    1. Your model generator may fit into Cayenne as a new Ant task. We
    already have a frontend for DbGenerator [1]. Yours will be
    complimentary to cdbgen. Does anyone know how much trouble it is to
    accept small (2-3 Java classes) donations..pache? Hope this doesn't
    have to go through the Incubator.

    2. For now you may keep it either on sourceforge or in your own
    repository - whatever is convenient to you.

    3. An improvement suggestion - take a look at 1.2 AutoAdapter. By
    using AutoAdapter you won't need to hardcode Cayenne adapter in the
    code. The correct adapter will be determined dynamically in runtime.

    [1] http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/cdbgen

    Andrus