Reengineer DB schema in PostgreSQL

From: WONDER (mmmmmmmmm5..eb.de)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 18:28:09 EDT

    Hello,

    By importing schema from existing DB the toOne Relationship name is
    "toClassName" and the toMany is "ClassNameArray"

    1. These names are not my faivorte choose, so is it possible to decide
    somewhere what name does the Relationships should be?
    2. I can change the names after I get the schema from the DB. the problem
    is, I have to rename the relations after everytime I reengineer the schema.
    Its even worse. Reengineering the schema creates the same relationships if I
    changed the name.

    3. Ok, I accept the reality and dont change the names.
    If I have a Table which hast 2 relations with another table so I get
    something like "toUser" and "toUser1". and HERE I have to change the names.

    What is the best way to avoid these problems?
    According to, everytime I reengineer the schema, the model is not valid,
    because of the to many duplicated relationships. deleting and changing the
    names forces me to test almost all the application. This makes no fun :(

    hmm! what to do?

    thanks.