Re: MySql AUTO_PK_SUPPORT

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 03:12:16 EDT

    On Apr 21, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Borut Bolčina wrote:
    > INFO QueryLogger: DELETE FROM AUTO_PK_SUPPORT WHERE TABLE_NAME IN
    > ('source')
    > INFO QueryLogger: INSERT INTO AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (TABLE_NAME,
    > NEXT_ID) VALUES ('source', 200)

    An implementation of a smarter auto PK configuration mechanism has
    been pending for some time, but I think this particular issue can be
    addresses separately. You can try it on a custom PK generator and I
    appreciate if you log this issue in Jira. Here is how the solution
    might look like:

    1. Override JdbcPkGenerator.createAutoPk(DataNode node, List
    dbEntities) as follows -
    2. Do a select from AUTO_PK_SUPPORT to check which entities are
    already present in the DB
    3. Subtract those entities from dbEntities list, getting a subset of
    entities whose records are missing
    4. This line "runUpdate(node, pkDeleteString(dbEntities))" should
    only use a subset obtained in (3)

    Andrus