Re: [ANN] Two new (sub)sites using Cayenne

From: Tomi NA (hefes..mail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 17:16:21 EDT

    On 9/2/06, Borut Bolina <borut.bolcina@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I waited for the dust to settle after deploying two sister web applications
    > using Cayenne 1.2 on the backend before making an announcement. Those two
    > sites are leading local search sites for Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
    > When management decides, three new countries (Slovenia (1 million web
    > searches per day), Serbia and Macedonia FROY) will use Cayenne as
    > persistence layer in this blog search engine part of the backend.
    >
    > You can check out the frontend at
    > http://www.pogodak.hr/index.jsp?tab=blog&q= and
    > http://www.pogodak.ba/index.jsp?tab=blog&q=.
    > Yeah, I know, the design is made by, well, designers ;-) The quality of
    > search hits is more important.

    Ha! I almost missed the announcement about a search engine I use
    daily. :) Great work, guys! www.pogodak.hr is more than a worthy
    replacement of google as far as croatian web is concerned.
    Nice to know cayenne's under the hood. The first other case of cayenne
    application in Croatia I've heard about, too, aside from the projects
    I work(ed) on.

    > Cayenne is used to store and retrieve all indexed data for blog search
    > engine. The model is very simple, but it nonetheless makes the backend
    > application much more readable and natural.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Borut
    >
    > P.S. Next major project will use Tapestry and Cayenne :-)

    The apps I designed were based on that exact stack! Tomcat and linux
    being underneath, of course.
    If you wish, Borut, we can exchange ideas about Tapestry in direct
    correspondence. I'd be very happy to exchange experiences with
    cayenne, as well.

    Cheers,
    t.n.a.