Re: WOLips WebServerResources Pb

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heco.de)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 20:46:15 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > I am all in favor of NOT flattening, and frankly don't recall what's
    > the deal with that.

    Well, I basically just looked at what ProjectBuilder did, back when I
    wrote the incremental builder.

    And why we never changed it? Because theCo.de is using the incremental
    builder in a setup where other people build with XCode and they didn't
    even know that flattening is an option now.

    And another reason is the user-interface problem -- last time we
    discussed this (feels like at least a year ago ...), we couldn't figure
    out how this should work for both the ant-build and the incremental
    builder. Ulrich had just changed the pattern-matcher used by the
    incremental builder to use the ant patterns and we didn't want to
    completely remove the ability to flatten ... and noone had the time to
    make it properly configurable.

    And did I mention that we at theCo.de need the flattening behaviour so
    our 20+ projects continue to work properly?

    Harald

    --
    Harald Niesche - theCo.de AG
    fon: +49 30 617897-28    fax: -10