Web-app generation problems

From: Ciaran Tuohy (Ciaran.Tuoh..bc.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 12:33:29 EST

    Hi,

    I'm having problems generating a web-app using Eclipse 3.2M4 and WOLips
    nightly build from 30th Jan 2006 (v2.0.0.99 I believe) on Windows XP.

    The prodedure I'm taking is as follows:
     - Create a new WOApplication called "TestApp"
     - Modify the Main.wo component to say "Hello World"
     - Modify build.xml to remove the "if="${never}"" attribute from the
    "war" target
     - Right-click the "build" target, selected "run as" and then "Ant
    build".

    This generates a WAR called "TestApp.war". However when I go to deploy
    this on Tomcat or JBoss, I get the following error:

    01-Feb-2006 15:53:53 org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
    SEVERE: Parse Error at line 123 column 11: The content of element type
    "web-app" must match "(icon?,display-name?,descri
    ption?,distributable?,context-param*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-c
    onfig?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-pa
    ge*,taglib*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-ro
    le*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*)".
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app"
    must match "(icon?,display-name?,description?,distr
    ibutable?,context-param*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-
    mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,
    resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entr
    y*,ejb-ref*)".

    I can fix this by removing the WEBINFROOT context-param element and
    renaming the WEBINFROOT references in the WOClasspath context-param
    element to WOAINSTALLROOT. However it now throws errors about the tlds
    as its location seems completely wrong in the web.xml:
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds//WEB-INF/tlds/WOtaglib_1_0.tld</taglib-lo
    cation>.

    Fixing this and then doing more modifications to the WOClasspath
    context-param result in an app that works, but obviously this is not
    ideal!

    The war contents are as follows:

    META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
    TestApp.woa\...