Current Build of WoLips Requires WebObjects 5.3

From: Jake Fisher (fisherj..mail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 14:26:51 EDT

    So I re-downloaded the source for the first time in around 4 months
    and found out why SQL generation failed on me in the new entity
    modeler. It was the result of the following lines of Code:

    EOFSQLGenerator:
    Line 121:
    EOModel newModel = myGroup.addModelWithPathURL(modelFolder.toURL());

    EOFReverseEngineer:
    Line 28:
    _connectionDictionary = new NSDictionary(connectionDictionary, false);

    Line 47:
    LinkedList tableNamesList = new LinkedList(tableNamesArray);

    Line 52:
    NSArray tableNamesArray = new NSArray(tableNamesList, false);

    Basically the code is only 5.3 and above complaint, which for our all
    windows shop(grumble) is not likely to be available anytime soon. The
    secondary problem though is that using prior to 5.3 constructors means
    you are using deprecated methods in 5.3. I think it can be easily
    rewritten for most of the changes to make it 5.2 complaint except for
    'addModelWithPath' versus 'addModelWithPathURL' which runs right into
    the catch 22.

    Its not a bug so I didn't submit it to JIRA but at the same time it is
    a show stopper for my company being able to use that feature of entity
    modeler and may or not be the case for the other Windows users out
    there. If you can find a best of both worlds that would be awesome. If
    not maybe an easy way for windows users to recompile 5.2 complaint
    eomodeler plugin if needed. In the end can work around it if need be.

    Again Thanks for all the great work :-)

    ~jake