Re: EOJDBCPrototypes Entity Modeler bug?

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2007 - 21:35:01 EDT

    Hi there,

    no problems. Inheritance would be nice but so long as I understand
    how it works I'll not be changing them very often :-)

    The only thing I'll have to update in my code when setting the
    connection dictionary is also setting the prototype to use.

    On 24/04/2007, at 3:41 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > So EM DOES actually appear to "layer" them ... and it looks like
    > the real EOModel.createPrototypeCache does some amount of this
    > also: adaptor-custom prototypes, then EOPrototypes, then
    > EOJDBCPrototypes. At least that's how it LOOKS. I think the
    > actual problem is that SQL generator doesn't have all of Project
    > Wonder's magic to make this all work right with
    > EOJDBCFrontBasePrototypes-style naming -- it's got just an
    > approximation of it. One of the things that's sacrificed is
    > prototype inheritance it would appear.
    >
    > On Apr 23, 2007, at 1:31 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >
    >> EOF does not do prototype inheritance so Entity Modeler should not
    >> either. It does seems to have some prototype caching oddities,
    >> perhaps that is what you are seeing?

    No it does actually appear, as Mike said, to layer them but it's when
    I go to generate sql that it complains about a particular mapping not
    being found (because I had not specifically assigned a prototype to
    the model but was hoping it'd pick it up automatically depending on
    the jdbc adaptor in use).

    I found a tip by accident though: to quickly copy EOJDBCPrototypes
    attributes missing from EOJDBCMySQLPrototypes, set the
    EOJDBCPrototypes as the parent of MySQLPrototypes and then unset it
    as parent. Voila! :-)

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck