Re: Practical WO Book Demos

From: Fred Shurtleff (fh..omcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 17:59:36 EDT

    Actually each chapter is a separate project which gets imported into
    Eclipse, and, of course, contains only 1 Session class. Furthermore I
    have not made ANY change to the project files ie. Main or Session.java,
    nor the Main.wod files. I simple want to demo their technique of
    managing security using a few methods in the session class to control
    access to various public/secure areas in the application.

    WOComponentEditor does not complain about the bindings - that is there
    are no red X's or other symbols indicating a problem. Matter of fact, I
    did change the binding to 'Session.isUserAuthenticated'(with a capital S
    since WOLips does create a default Session.java file), and when I ran
    the app it did complain that there was no 'Session' class. So I
    interpret this to mean the session class is referenced Ok, but none of
    the session class methods or variables are accessible. But I can't see why!

    I am totally stumped on this one.