Re: <wo:WORepetition> error ?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 20:59:27 EST

    >> I'm guessing the constant check is being tripped up by 5.4 syntax.
    >> You do have WO 5.4 checked in your validation settings, right?
    >
    > ... I thought I did, but I did not, so thanks.
    After doing this along with a clean build and/or touching the
    components with problems, did it fix your issues?

    > By the way, the only place I could find this setting is in the
    > global Eclipse properties. I wondered if there should be a
    > component level setting (since I have only a few components that are
    > using the 5.4 stuff), but attempts to bring up the "WOLips Build"
    > preferences on the selected *.wo folder generated:
    You can't set it per component -- WO 5.4 doesn't allow it. Your app
    is either 5.4 parser or it isn't. Now it SHOULD be settable on a per-
    project basis (really almost all the WOL setting should be), but we
    just haven't written all of that yet.

    > "The currently displayed page contains invalid values"
    I'm not actually sure what the wolips build settings on a non-project
    container would be ... I've never actually tried it.

    >>> In fact, saving <wo:WORepetition></wo:WORepetition> crashes Eclipse.
    >> When you say "crashes" (which is a banned word for me -- way
    >> overloaded), what EXACTLY do you mean.
    >
    > ... I will be more precise in future. The first time it happened I
    > got Eclipse into a state where I had to force quit it (probably my
    > fault by not accepting the Eclipse request for an immediate
    > termination). Subsequent times I accepted Eclipse's desire to quit
    > and it did so.
    I suspect this was actually the stack overflow freaking out eclipse.

    > I know that living on the nightly builds can be risky and
    > frustrating, and I wouldn't dream of deploying anything with that
    > toolset, but while exploring WOLips and the new capabilities in 5.4
    > and in WOLips, it seems the best place to be not only because that's
    > where they are implemented, but also because if I find anomalies,
    > reporting them may help everyone.
    >
    > However, I am now in a state where any attempt to edit any
    > component results in a Java stack overflow, so it's time to throw it
    > all away and reinstall .. Gav
    Yeah ... we are in a wacky state because we have not pushed a 3.3-
    based build to stable yet, so everything's in a weird place right
    now. If we can nail down the classpath management issues that have
    been cropping up recently, we can push a 3.3 build to stable.

    ms