Re: Building under both WO 5.3 and 5.4 under Leopard

From: Art Isbell (aisbel..ac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 19:55:13 EDT

    On Mar 21, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Mar 21, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Art Isbell wrote:
    >
    >> On Mar 21, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

    >>> In Eclipse you would just link to your projects and not to the
    >>> installed frameworks. Any reason not to do this?
    >>

    >> I've done this and can run from within Eclipse, but is this
    >> sufficient to set a deployed WO app's class path?
    >
    > No, not unless Mike's changes have changed something recently. It
    > would not know if it should include them from /Library, ~/Library,
    > or somewhere else.

            When I saw your reply, I was composing a reply in which I verified
    that doing so does not produce a valid class path in
    MacOSClassPath.txt. So such an app would crash on launch when deployed.

            So what are Eclipse users doing to make this work? Are you
    installing any old versions of your custom frameworks in /Library/
    Frameworks so that Eclipse is happy when you add your custom
    frameworks to the list of Local WebObjects Frameworks? Because you
    can run a development version from within Eclipse by adding the
    necessary framework projects to the build path, it's not necessary to
    have the latest and greatest versions in /Library/Frameworks. But I
    also like to test deployed versions as well. I guess before doing so,
    I could install the appropriate versions in /Library/Framework at that
    time. But I have gotten accustomed to forgetting about this by merely
    adding the appropriate soft links in /Library/Frameworks so these are
    always up-to-date.

    Aloha,
    Art