importing a project into WOLips on Linux: Invalid classpath container 'WebObjects Frameworks'

From: Trent Larson (trent.larso..centris.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 11:49:47 EDT

    We have some existing WebObjects applications (and frameworks) that we want to begin using in Eclipse. Our current problem is that our projects do not compile due to the following error:

    Invalid classpath container 'WebObjects Frameworks' in project ....

    Any ideas?

    Here's our history:

    - We install WOLips in Eclipse on Linux (so we don't have one of the install packages that are only for the Mac). We imported the projects using File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace

    - One curious point: when we first go to Window -> Preferences and look at the "Classpath Variables", it gives an error. We close it and try again and can see the variables; we don't know what to use for NEXT_ROOT, NEXT_LOCAL_ROOT, and NEXT_SYSTEM_ROOT, so we've guessed with the parent folder of the WebObjects core library folder containing "Libraries".

    - When we try to configure the Build Path on any project (eg. a framework), "WebObjects Frameworks" shows up under the "Libraries" tab; we can "Edit" it and click on checkboxes and hit "Finish", but when we look again they are not checked. The display seems to be different from a Mac, so I'm guessing there's something going wrong in that part of the app; I'll send a screen shot if you think that'll help.

    - I've added the core libraries with my own "User Library" where I inserted all the jars by hand (eg. javafoundation.jar) and now I don't have any other errors showing (whereas I had hundreds before adding those core library jars). I assume that's what "WebObjects Frameworks" is supposed to handle.

    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Trent