Re: Component editor and soft wrap?

From: Paul Hoadley (paul..ogicsquad.net)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 19:47:30 EST

    On 08/01/2009, at 12:25 AM, Johann Werner wrote:

    > Am 07.01.2009 um 13:47 schrieb Kieran Kelleher:
    >
    >> As long as you are using WOnder's WOOgnl, you can mix both styles.
    >> In fact, IIRC, Mike Schrag mentioned in the past that he tends to
    >> use inline style when there are just a few, perhaps 3 or less
    >> bindings, since it gets unwieldy and difficult to read with a lot
    >> of bindings. For lots of bindings, the WOD entry is definitely
    >> easier to work with. I find that mixing the styles and using
    >> whichever feels more natural for the specific WOComponent that you
    >> are binding up works well.
    >
    > Yes you are right. But I like the idea to drop WOD files completely
    > having only one text file with all information that could be stored
    > easily as a string in a database.

    FWIW, I'll add a +1 vote to Johann's original suggestion. Even if I
    had to do the initial line-breaking by hand, it would be great if auto-
    format didn't revert to all-on-one-line. I find the HTML/XML auto-
    formatting mostly reasonable, but an option to leave intra-tag line
    breaks alone would be great.

    --
    Paul.

    w http://logicsquad.net/ h http://paul.hoadley.name/