Re: dump cache contents

From: Tomi NA (hefes..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 18:14:59 EDT

    On 5/10/06, Cris Daniluk <cris.danilu..mail.com> wrote:
    > It depends on what you mean when you say cache :)
    >
    > If you disable shared caching, each DataContext will have its own
    > DataRowStore. That gets rid of "shared caching" (cleverly). Then, you
    > can discard the DataContext after each operation to get rid of "local"
    > caching...
    >
    > And you can dump the DataRowStore for debugging, though odds are its
    > going to be huge and not very helpful to you. Better to use a
    > debugger!

    The problem is that I can't reproduce an error in the controled
    environment in which I debug. This is why I need as much relevant
    information as possible. Still, I believe I've thought of a way to log
    everything I need.
    This doesn't make me stop wondering why in heavens name there isn't a
    general "turn off all cache and go to the DB for every bit of data"
    switch. Ah well...

    Tomislav