Master index for User/Developer/Modeler guide (and maybe wiki)

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 10:46:11 EST

    There's a lot of good information that's in the User/Developer/Modeler
    guides, but it's not always easy to find it. Sometimes, it's almost
    impossible to find (caching, delete rules).

    We need a master index (and automated system for building it). Anyone have
    any ideas?

    One possiblity would cross-index every single word appearing in the guide,
    perhaps with the a way to manually adjust the indexes (delete useless words
    ("and", "for", "but") while combining similar terms ("delete", "deleted",
    "deleting").

    Another possiblity would be to add and maintain a list of key words to each
    page (or have a master list somehow combining permutations).

    Anyone used or researched such software before? Since our documentation is
    in XML, it should be easy to coerce it into whatever format is needed by the
    indexing software.

    -Mike