Re: Master index for User/Developer/Modeler guide (and maybe wiki)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 11:26:11 EST

    I don't know anything about building a book-style index, but we already
    have a mechanism to generate PDF documentation that is easily searchable
    by Acrobat or Apple Preview.app ... Just need to work on the looks (I know
    Anton, the author of PDF integration, is already looking at some of the
    style issues).

    On a side note I was thinking of writing a Lucene (and maybe
    Cayenne)-based web application to do a trageted search of our site that
    would allow to select a search category (mailing lists, user guide,
    modeler guide, issue tracker, wiki)... Should be a simple 1-2 page
    Tapestry or even JSP app with a backend indexing. Just like with other
    things it has been postponed indefinitely for a number of years now :-)

    Andrus