Re: JDK 1.5

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 10:40:17 EST

    > Andrus,
    >
    > Have you given any thought to supporting 1.5 in Cayenne 1.2, at least
    > for class generation? It would be handy to have a generation option that
    > would spit out generics, as right now I get warnings all over the place.
    > I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the class generation code, but
    > I would imagine it isn't too much of a mess so I don't mind shouldering
    > some of the burden on it.
    >
    > Cris

    Cris,

    Yeah, it would be nice to have better support for 1.5.

    For now you can create custom class generation Velocity templates and use
    them in the Modeler
    (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/modelerguide/common-tasks/generate-java.html)
    and in ant. If you come up with something sensible for 1.5, I'd appreciate
    if you can share it via Jira. Default templates are located under
    src/cayenne/dotemplates in Cayenne distro.

    Andrus