Re: JDK 1.5

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 16:27:55 EST

    Cris Daniluk <cris.danilu..laraview.com> wrote:
    > I put together some custom templates, but it seems to me like this really
    > should be a function of the generator with a ant/modeler boolean property.
    > tinkered with that and got it working, but it's a far stretch from being
    > complete. If you agree it should be part of the generator, let me know and
    > will complete it.

    I don't see it as part of the generator. The generator takes a model file
    and creates java source from a template. If the end user doesn't like the
    default templates used to generate that source, they can easily change them.
      The default templates cayenne supplies should also work with 1.5.

    However, I think it'd be great if we also provided (either via the Wiki or
    as an alternate template set in cvs) files that can take advantage of 1.5.

    However, choosing those files should be done by supplying a different
    template file rather than specifying a generator property. The generator
    itself doesn't care what the final files look like. (Or to put it another
    way, the API for specifying an alternate template should remain specifying
    another template rather than adding a special "create java 1.5 templates"
    property which would end up being implemented by specifying an alternate
    template underneath anyway.)

    -Mike