Cayenne Modeler Patch

From: Watkins, Garry (gwatkin..otleyrice.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 15:45:09 EDT

    Hello, all I am new to the list, and to cayenne. I have been using
    WebObjects for the last three years, and am interested in using Cayenne
    and Tapestry for my web development. As a result of this decision I
    took the liberty of making a few changes to the modeler tool. I am
    attaching some screen shots of the changes that I have made. Please let
    me know what the process is for submitting a patch.

    I have made the following modifications:

    A) Added some context sensitive toolbars on all of the Db/Obj
    entity tabs.

    a. ObjEntity - On the main tab I added a sync with db entity
    button, add new attribute, add new relationship

    b. ObjEntity & DbEntity - On the attribute tab I added a new
    Attribute button and a Remove Attribute button

    c. ObjEntity & DbEntity - On the relationship tab I added a new
    Relationship button and a Remove Relationship button

    d. DbEntity - On the main tab, I added create new ObjEntity - this
    will create an object entity for the specified db entity and synchronize
    the new object entity with the db entity. I also added a synch all
    object entities with the current db entity. I need to fix the sync code
    so that It will remove attributes from the obj entity that are now used
    in relationships. I will probably get to this a little later this week.

    B) I hijacked a few icons from eclipse and wolips projects

    a. EOModeler Icon

    b. New Class (ObjEntity) icon

    c. Class (ObjEntity) icon

    d. Generate Java Icon on Tools menu.

    C) I also fixed some annoying behavior from the modeler. Sometimes
    when changing ObjEntities, it would switch to the attribute tab. When
    switching tabs - I now deselect what ever row was selected in the either
    the attribute or relationship table. This is so I could use the remove
    button in the toolbar of the attribute/relations tabs.

    Hope these changes will be accepted. I spent a good deal of time on
    them.

    For the patch format, which one can I use from eclipse? Do I need to
    create a Jira ticket or issue? I look forward to doing more changes to
    get Cayenne a little closer to EOF.

    Thanks

    Garry Watkins

    Confidential & Privileged

    Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from its nature, the information contained in this communication is attorney-client privileged and confidential information/work product. This communication is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error or are not sure whether it is privileged, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any copies--electronic, paper or otherwise--which you may have of this communication.