Re: Cayenne Modeler Patch

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 23:14:20 EDT

    Garry,

    Thanks again for this patch! It significantly improves usability of the
    Modeler and covers a number of issues that we planned to address, but
    didn't have time to do it (say renaming the entities). I applied your
    patch unchanged and I like the result.

    I only noticed one serious problem - you can no longer add Stored
    Procedure parameters as this was done via an "attribute" button that is
    removed from the top toolbar. So I opened a Jira issue (CAY-302) and
    assigned it to you. Can you take a look?

    I've been playing a bit with new entity toolbars and I must say they
    really make things much easier. A few random notes:

    * I think we may allow "synchronize" button under all 3 tabs (Entity,
    Attribute, Relationship).

    * When you add an attribute or relationship by clicking a button on top
    of the "Entity" tab, we should switch to the appropriate tab to provide
    a better feedback to the user. Otherwise it is a bit confusing.

    * [this applies to the existing design, not just the new patch] It
    would be nice to move "Database mapping" and "edit relationship"
    buttons from the lower right corner to the new entity toolbar ... I'd
    like to use a button similar to the universally used information icon
    (letter "i" in a dark blue circle... As in old ProjectBuilder and
    million other places). If anyone [knows where to borrow open source |
    can create] icon like that, it would be another great visual
    improvement.

    Andrus