Re: Updating dependent libs

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 15:15:20 EDT

    On May 7, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:

    > ant (allows to remove my junitreport hack), commons-logging, log4j,
    > spring, tapestry (3.0 beta??), hsqldb (at least to 1.7.3, maybe 1.8.x)

    All of this sounds good to me. Just for the record commons-logging and
    log4j are always giving headache - too much J2EE deployment
    infrastructure depends on it. Of course cayenne-nodeps.jar should be
    fine with any version.

    I guess we should remove Log4J dependencies from public Cayenne API and
    at least eliminate Log4J bundling and keep commons logging under the
    hood. Of course with deprecation and all that...

    Andrus