Re: comons-logging (was Re: Updating dependent libs)

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 10:06:19 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > Well, I'd actually like to understand what you have in mind first. I agree

    Not much yet. First start by converting the classes that don't use Level
    to regular commons-logging. That is painless, just search&replace and it
    doesn't change anything. It's just to get started.

    > Maybe our own "commons logging" interface that has its own levels that can
    > be referenced throughout Cayenne API. And then include a default Log4J
    > implementation mapping these levels to Log4J?

    Yes, something like that. commons-logging allows to get a reference to the
    configured LogFactory and I also think there's a property that can be
    queried or set for configuration. Hmm..tricky because you don't want to
    refer to these classes in code.

    I'll look at UGLI (nice name ;) immediately, thanks for pointing that out
    Mike. Had seen it before but forgotten about it..

    -h